The agri-food industry can participate in collaborative short food supply chains (SFSC) and, through specific actions and recommendations, introduce robust new business models and innovative practical solutions that enhance the competitiveness and sustainability of the European agri-food system.
FIND MORE INFORMATION THROUGH ONE OF THE 18 CASE STUDIES OF SHORT FOOD SUPPLY CHAINS WITH REMARKABLE SOCIAL, ECONOMIC AND/OR ECOLOGICAL IMPACT.
SIGN UP FOR THE SMARTCHAIN NEWSLETTER TO STAY UP-TO-DATE ON ALL THE LATEST IN SFSC.
VISIT THE SMARTCHAIN PARTNER FOOD DRINK EUROPE (FDE) where all food and drink companies, whatever their size, can find information to aid in their development .
Industry participates in the SMARTCHAIN project in the following ways:
- Take advantage of the Innovation Inventory to find an exhaustive database of all practical solutions to problems facing farmers and other short food supply chain practitioners.
- An online collaborative area will be open to farmers, researchers, innovation brokers, companies willing to find suitable partners for new initiatives.
- Take advantage of best practice guides for industry. Enhance education by joining SMARTCHAIN coaching and training activities.
- Attend workshops at the national and/or European level in which farmers, food SMEs and consumer associations define the requirements of a SFSC that meets their needs.
- Join a food industry panel to promote short food supply chains and local food production as drivers of sustainable development in European Food and Drink Industries.
This Platform aims to enhance interaction and cooperation among all the stakeholders of the SFSC so we invite you to visit the other stakeholder pages.